Friday, July 09, 2010

Corrupted Game Salad project file

OK... one advise, I think we need to save the "good" game salad file and back up it to another place, instead of having working on a single file.

I don't know what happen, but my 6 hours work are all gone.

when I launch game salad and load my project file, all the images are gone.

I cannot see anything at all.

I assume that it is corrupted. but if you load it up to gamesalad viewer, everything is still in tact.
but how can you do work without seeing the images?

strange, and I could not find any cure in the forum.

will go sleep and wait till tomorrow and recreate everything again.

Screen shot 2010-07-10 at PM 03.38.50.png

Take a look... this is "screen of death" for game salad. I don't know what causes it. But I suspected that this is due to the >100% CPU loading when you did not properly shut off the gamesalad viewer, etc and cause the corruptions while writing the proj files.

Notice that game salad cannot display any images, and all my work is just a "black screen", when you click on it, the actor is still there, but just cannot show the images. and in the Actors windows all the actors has lost their image too.

when you go in and investigate the proj directory, all the files are there and in tact. so, I am guessing that the "symbolic links" in the XML files for the proj files are corrupted and they cannot display the images due to that.

I have yet find a solution, yesterday, I lost 7 hours of work, and I regret that I did not save an extra copy of my work. So, what I do, every 30 min, I will "compress" my proj directory, and name it against the time. Just in case, I face with this again. I will keep searching for answers. once I found it, I will post it here.

No comments: